I was nominated for the Liebster Award, an award that recognizes new bloggers!
I received a notification on Instagram that someone had tagged me in a post and it wasn’t my husband. I was surprised! When I read the post I thought “Liebster Award?? What’s that??” Second thought, “Awwww that’s so sweet someone thought of me.” So I had a little research to do.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The award is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. A great idea in promoting your own blog and others. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 readers but this has slowly lower as the reward has gained popularity. It is now only 200 readers or less.
Rules For The 2017 Liebster Award
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (optional)
- Answer the questions from your nominator
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award
- Ask the nominees questions of your own
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post.
You can find more details about the Liebster Award here.
BIG THANKS to Anitra at Chronicles of a Momtessorian for nominating me and sharing this fun award that is allowing me to meet and connect with so many other bloggers. I started following Anitra on Instagram because we were planning to send our son to a Montessori school for VPK. He is in school there and loves it! Anitra is a full-time Montessori teacher and mom to two daughters. On her blog she shares Montessori lessons, talks about the Montessori method and shares activities she does with her students in the classroom. I love her blog! I am learning so much to teach my kids at home. Check out her blog Chronicles of a Momtessorian, where motherhood and teaching come together.
My Favorite Blog
My favorite blog is What Mommy Does by Lena. If you are looking to start a blog, CHECK OUT HER BLOG! She is a CPA turned stay at home mom of three little ones. She blogs about kid activities, fun with kids, family finance and fitness. She likes helping other moms figure out ways to save money and contribute to household income. She shares LOTS of advice on starting a blog, making money from your blog, her income statements, how to organize a blog with multiple topics, etc. It’s a very good blog! Her blog, along with two good friends of mine who are bloggers, has helped me SO MUCH with going live with my blog July 2017. I emailed Lena telling her about my blog and I was surprised to receive an email back from her the next day. She has TONS of followers. I wasn’t expecting that at all. I feel that each person matters to her. She is definitely a blogger that I admire.
Questions From My Nominator
1) What is the most extreme thing you’ve ever done?
I gave birth to two kids naturally. ZERO pain medicine! I HATE pain but I wanted to do it. I was so proud of myself. Luckily for me, both deliveries were quick.
2) If you could give someone $1,000,000 who would you give it to? Why?
I would give it to my children because if it would help them have a better life I would want that for them.
3) Apple or Samsung?
Apple all day. Everyday! lol
4) Name the top 3 beaches you’ve ever visited?
I’m not a big time traveler but the few beaches that I have seen and loved are 1. Carambola Beach-US Virgin Islands, 2. Hotel on the Cay beach-US Virgin Island, 3. Horizon Way Beach Access-Naples, FL
5) When do you find time to blog?
I blog at night for one/two hours after we put the kids the bed and at 5 am when EVERYONE is still sleeping.
6) If you could have dinner with anyone past or present, who would it be?
I would have dinner with my Aunt Rena who raised me. She passed in 2015. I live in Florida. She lived in NC. Would be nice to spend some time together because it was limited by our distance.
7) Who are you writing your blog for?
I’m writing this blog for any and everyone because I talk about a variety of topics. It’s mainly geared to moms with little ones because that’s the season of my life I’m in right now. I’m also writing for me. It gives me something that’s mine. Something that I can be proud of. It also allows me to help others.
8) What was the inspiration for the name of your blog?
Yolomommy is a spin off of my name Yolonda and I’m a mommy. My name is spelled YolOnda, not YolAnda so I figured the YOLO in Mommy would help people get that right. lol
9) What’s your quote you live by?
I always say “Everything will be JUST fine”
10) Money or fame?
I’ll take the money. Yes I know, more money more problems but fame has its problems as well. Just can’t win. lol
Bloggers I Would Like To Nominate
I’m so excited to be able to nominate other bloggers. I feel important!
Samantha at No Time 2 Nap
Kimberly at Mom In the Go Lane
Larisa at Larisa Explains It All
Samantha at Momma Runs On Plants
Kim at Natural Deets
Amanda at Sweet Mommyhood
If you accept this nomination, please answer the following questions and continue to share the Blogging Love!
- What is that one post made by you that you like the most and why?
- When do you find time to blog?
- If you could be a superhero, who would you be and why?
- Who are you writing your blog for?
- What was the inspiration for the name of your blog?
- What’s the most extreme thing you have ever done?
- Would you rather explore the deep ocean or outer space?
- What’s your quote you live by?
- Bike or Train?
- What is your favorite book or series?
Anitra at Chronicles of a Momtessorian thank you again SO MUCH for the nomination!