I love a braid out. I think it’s my favorite hairstyle. The body that my hair has and the look, I LOVE IT! My sisterlocks have grown so much (LOVE IT) and I don’t always like them straight. Straight is simple and takes zero effort but I like a little body. Here’s another post, where I did a braid out on my hair.
When I do a braid out on my sisterlocks I leave my hair braided for 3-5 days to make sure I get lots of crinkles and body. By doing this my braid out last about 2 weeks.
1. Wash hair
2. Squeeze excess water out of locks
3. Section hair into two sections, front and back
4. Start plaiting hair (I grab 6 locks for each plait)
5. Secure end with a rubber band
6. Continue until your entire head is plaited
Usually, when I plait my hair I wear a baseball hat or crochet slouch hat. I don’t like showing my hair when it’s plaited because I feel like it isn’t done even though I have sisterlocks. It’s like someone going out the house with hair rollers in their hair. If you do that, rock on! lol It just isn’t me. So, this time I decided to try out a few hairstyles.
1. Crochet slouch hat (of course)
3. Up Do (I don’t like updos for myself. I’m already tall and I feel like this just makes me taller.)
After 3-5 days, I unplaited my hair. I have CRINKLES! As I said earlier, this braid out last me 2 weeks. At night I pull my hair into a loose ponytail and in the morning I shake it out.
What is your favorite locks hairstyle?